Authenticity, Awareness and Conversation as Powerful Tools in a Complex Environment
Monday, April 9, 2018, 8:00-5:00 pm CST
Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA (Pre-Conference Program)
Today, leaders in all industries face enormous opportunity and challenge. There’s more complexity and change than ever before. Leadership, like marketing, involves continuous learning over time. Yet, leadership can happen in a moment, when we step up, take a stand, take responsibility. One conversation can be a turning point, shifting a relationship, turning around a situation, opening up possibility. The ability to engage others with different concerns and perspectives is key to building the momentum that drives your success.
In this highly interactive program, you will work with distinctions and models to support you in shifting in the moment to adapt to the various audiences you must influence. You’ll learn and work with powerful models for having the sometimes challenging conversations critical to your success as a leader, and generating accountability in a complex environment. You’ll work with exercises and tools to support you in cultivating resilience and greater ability to be present in the moment, and explore techniques for engaging your teams.
- Learning and experiential practice with practical tools for leading others, leading teams, selling ideas and change in a complex, matrixed, multi-generational environment
- Cultivating influence/persuasion
- Generative leadership conversation
- Generating outcomes, improved relationships through enhanced ability to plan and have tough conversations
- Enhanced ability to generate commitment, efficiency and ease through accountability
- Personal learning and tool
- Personal presence
- Resiliency – dealing with stress
- Emerging leaders
- Mid-level leaders
- Leaders new to legal marketing
- Anyone wishing a boost to their leadership effectiveness.
Program created and presented by Jackie Sloane, MCC
Webinar for Women Impacting Storebrand Excellence (WISE)
December 14, 2017
Investing in you and your team: when to choose executive coaching and how to get the most out of the experience
Working with an executive coach can be a powerful and pivotal experience, opening up new ways of thinking and operating in your life. It involves learning things about yourself you may not have known, and cultivating new abilities that often positively impact many others. Have you been curious about how to determine when it’s a good time to bring in a coach for yourself or one of your people?
A coach can support you in transforming situations, the energy and results of your team, raising your visibility, expanding influence, and establishing the momentum and reputation that drive success in a challenging new role. Executive coaching is a customized leadership development program that often more than pays for itself in terms of improved leadership ability, results and effectiveness and may provide returns on investment as high as 50:1 or more.
Attendees at this interactive webinar learned:
- How to get the most out of working with a coach
- What to expect; how the coaching process works
- How to select a coach for yourself or a member of your team
- When not to invest in a coach
- To determine whether it’s best to find a mentor, a coach or other resource