Tools and Assessments
The Essential Enneagram by David Daniels: Includes the best assessment we have used, and a very nice introduction to The Enneagram.
The most comprehensive, powerful Emotional Intelligence Assessment tools; developed by Genos International to support self-awareness in the area of emotional intelligence. Jackie is a certified Genos facilitator.
Resilience at Work Questionnaire: Developed by Sloan Group International, a useful tool to learn more about what blindspots you may have so you can expand your resilience.
Leadership books: Leadership is a constant learning process, since dynamics continue to change. Highly recommended reading to support your reflection.
- Leadership by James MacGregor Burns
- Transforming Leadership by James MacGregor Burns
- The Living Company: Habits for Survival in a Turbulent Business Environment by Arie de Gues
- Power Up: Transforming Organizations Through Shared Leadership by David L. Bradford and Allan R. Cohen
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Organizational Culture and Leadership by Edgar H. Schein
- The Corporate Culture Survival Guide: Sense and Nonsense About Culture Change by Edgar H. Schein
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap …And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Principle-Centered Leadership (audiobook) by Stephen R. Covey
- Leadership is an Art by Max DePree
- Discovering the Soul of Service: The Nine Drivers of Sustainable Business Success by Leonard L. Berry
Personal Development books: The more self-aware you are, the better leader you will be. All highly recommended.
- The Corporate Mystic: A Guidebook for Visionaries With Their Feet On The Ground by Gay Hendricks and Kate Ludeman
- The Path by Laurie Beth Jones
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment by George Leonard
- Retooling on the Run: Real Change for Leaders With No Time by Stuart Heller and David Sheppard Surrenda
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Sales conversations books: Excellent for focusing on your audience and learning how to ask questions that support better understanding others’ concerns.
- The “I Hate Selling” Book: Business-Building Advice for Consultants, Attorneys, Accountants, Engineers, Architects and Other Professionals by Allan S. Boress
- Getting Into Your Customer’s Head: The 8 Secret Roles of Selling Your Competitors Don’t Know by Kevin Davis